Willer SurfCraft

My photo
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Born out of necessity. Surfboards designed by fresh water surfers, for fresh water surfers and beyond. Specializing in surfcraft taylored specifically for you and the unique conditions you surf, from the great lakes, to river waves, to firing point breaks in far-flung exotic locals. 100% Custom. 100% Hand-made. This is not a job for me, but purely the pursuit of a passion to bring science, art, and engineering together to build the best surfcraft I can. Dave Willer, PhD

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zamora Longboard Teaser

A teaser shot that Ian Zamora sent me from California.   Ian is one of California's top shapers and well respected in the industry.   I was fortunate enough to win a raffle last year set up to raise money for Ian to get to Japan for a promo tour.   Lucky for me, I have this sick Mexican Carpet Resin Job being done on a custom longboard for me.    I don't get to shape longboards too often and don't work with polyester resin at all, so this was a good chance for me to get on a large plank and have Ian go nuts with the colour work.  Can't wait.    I will keep you updated when it arrives to the lakes.