Willer SurfCraft

My photo
GTA, Ontario, Canada
Born out of necessity. Surfboards designed by fresh water surfers, for fresh water surfers and beyond. Specializing in surfcraft taylored specifically for you and the unique conditions you surf, from the great lakes, to river waves, to firing point breaks in far-flung exotic locals. 100% Custom. 100% Hand-made. This is not a job for me, but purely the pursuit of a passion to bring science, art, and engineering together to build the best surfcraft I can. Dave Willer, PhD

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Spreading the Love

2012 New Years Resolution for Everyone - Shape Your Own Board

2011 was a great year for interest in clients shaping their own surfboards.    I find it especially rewarding to pass along what meager knowledge I have attained throughout my own shaping experiences.    There is something very fulfilling about shaping and surfing on something that you yourself have created.  I encourage anyone and everyone to give it a try sometime.   You may only make one board or you may succumb to the power of the planer and take it on as a hobby or job.  Either way it will give you an deaper appreciation for the art and what you are riding on and get you thinking  a little bit about your plank.

Here is a pick that "DB" just sent me of his first attempt at shaping.    Nice rail band buddy.   Keep it up!